Any Hope For The Broke or Poor?

Home Forums VirtualGamepad Any Hope For The Broke or Poor?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  prack 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hoboneet
    Participant

The sad thing about this is that without money, you are left in the dust to wait for a false hope.

I have spent a good week and a half googling anything similar to this that is legitimately free, that lets me use touchscreen controls on the same system, and that has a decent amount of buttons…

…but sadly, coming across any program as good as this is impossible. I tried “TouchAnyway”, but that program is bombed with Trojan viruses, so couldn’t even download that. I tried “TabletPro”, but the gamepad portion of it costs $5, so that was a waste of time, and now I tried this…

…and once again, I am disappointed. I mean, I get why the demo is limited, but honestly, it is TOO limited. Assuming you go with the BARE ESSENTIALS, you would need 6 buttons, 2 system buttons (start & select), and a D-pad/Joystick.

But the demo gives me 5 buttons (one of which is ESCAPE, which makes setting up controls in some emulators difficult), a joystick/D-pad (works like a charm), 2 mouse click buttons (which are useless unless you’re playing Minecraft), and a clunky mousepad to move the mouse cursor.

But the worst of it all is having to keep on setting up the layout over and over and over again. Like come on, are you really going to bash poor/broke people like that? You offer us a solution to our gaming problems and it doesn’t really help us.

Like, please, just please, fix the button scheme (or give us 2 different schemes, one with the crap the demo has now and one for an actual touchscreen controller).

Furthermore, make it so we don’t have to keep on setting up the controller layout. Heck, even if you don’t fix the buttons, at least make it so we don’t have to keep moving the around to where we last had them on screen, it is a real pain in the neck.

Is that too much to ask for? I get you guys need or want money, but teasing people and then kicking them when they are down is cold. Heck, I can’t even spare $5 cause I am so far up to the neck in bills, it isn’t even funny.

I don’t mind not having infinite button options, but having an actual touchscreen gaming controller would be nice and one I don’t have to keep on fixing everytime I load the demo. Believe me, I would love to buy this, but money is something I can’t spare anymore.

So please, consider this. Thanks.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Hi,

I hear you πŸ˜‰ There is an unreleased build that I have that does provide a little bit more in the demo, but I never got around to finishing it and make it stable enough for a release… something I hope I can plan when the times are not as nice outside πŸ˜‰

I’ve been very generous with people willing to help virtualgamepad get known. I’m willing to give the full version in exchange for a fair review or a video on youtube of how people play virtualgamepad.

The 5$ was never meant to make hufe extra money out of Virtual Gamepad, it’s more of an appreciation of the time spent developping it AND a way to fund some of my own gaming bills πŸ˜‰ Like buying games that don’t necessarily interest me but for which VirtualGamepad may need a fix OR to fund some of my own gaming bills like some monthly subscription to MMOs, XBox Live or PSN.

The same way I can appreciate someone taking the time to review VG and post a video on youtube πŸ˜‰ that’s why I’m willing to trade πŸ˜‰

fatcatj
    Participant

Question, if we are unable to register for a YouTube account, but still make a video, could we possibly share or upload the video elsewhere and still get the donationware version for free?

Just asking cause I already reviewed the demo and made a video, but wasn’t sure how to share it with you since I don’t own a cellphone so I can’t register for a Google account.

fg
    Participant

AM interested too
    Make us happy give a working one
    And give us a good play touch experience
    Give us a more userΓ -friendly release and do us thinks
    If we give you $5 for your work.
    Give full version and sure you get thanked and get donation
    I give you donation if you give me full version first .
    But trust me and wait…..
    I wait for you release free full version for testing.
    Send me At MY mail if you trust me and after i test swear i give donation.
    Papuloz.za@gmail.com
    Thankz have nice everythings

prack
    Participant

Honestly guys 5 bucks isn’t much for this and all future updates. I just hope that he is able to continue to develop this in his spare time. I’ve looked around and this appears to be the best around.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

prack,

Well the thing is spare time πŸ˜‰ but I actually did some clean up this week with the code. There was this one small bug that was nagging me and would crash the application… So that’s fixed.

The main issue right now is that I was planning v2.0 to be a new version only available on 64 and 32 bit Windows 10 machine… Dropping the RT and Any Cpu support. The reason for that was to emulate hardware joystick.

In planning this, I made major changes that cannot allow me to release 1.7+ versions unless I remove some stuff.

The other issue, is the auto-update process that needs to shift from 1.0 to 2.0.

Now in order to allow legacy support Windows RT and Any Cpu, I would have to freez the current version that is available on the website… and add a new version that would be available to anybody who purchased v1.0. In other words, I will not charge for v2.0

To finish the above, I need time, more spare time… and to let go of my own gaming habbits πŸ˜‰

Now I was recently playing No Man’s Sky and I won’t comment on the controversy surrounding NMS but I have an idea that would be awesome for the game so I might finish that one and then finish v2.0 of VG.

prack
    Participant

Thank you for the update PalmTime. The 2.0 idea sounds fantastic. I’m not sure how many people use RT as it is a dying OS. I’m running win 10 anniversary update on both my tablets and the current version is working great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.