ControlColor?

Home Forums Creating VirtualGamepads ControlColor?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PalmTime 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ratbuddy

Everything in the xml makes sense to me except the color codes. Help?

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Hey, yeah, the two values that are a little bit “shady” are the label value for the font, the character is clearly non-intelligible unless you have the font 😉

The other one is the color, this article explains it best :
    http://www.dotnetperls.com/color

Basically the xml parser converts the color to a integer value for easy storage back and forth, I could have proceeded with keeping the ARGB separately and reconstruct them at run time, but felt like that was going to be a little too much, I kept it simple…

for more explanation, see ToARGB() and FromARGB() :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.color.toargb(v=vs.110).aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2zys7833(v=vs.110).aspx

ratbuddy

Got it, that’ll be easy enough to convert.

Now, adding a new control type for buttons with a target area and shape defined by the dimensions of a transparent background png or gif.. Maybe even two image files, one for pressed and one for not pressed.. That’s not something I can do..

<ControlBase xsi:type="ControlButtonCustomImage">
     <ControlLabelImage>./templates/gamename_image1.png</ControlLabelImage>
     <ControlPositionX>##</ControlPositionX>
     <ControlPositionY>##</ControlPositionY>
     <ControlShape>ImageDefined</ControlShape>
     <ControlSize>##</ControlSize>
     <ControlVisible>bool</ControlVisible>
     <ControlActionValue>Yay!</ControlActionValue>
    </ControlBase>

🙂

Asides from that.. Why UTF-32? Just for the large range of character values in the font to use as button graphics?

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not, every type of control has to be defined in code, right now, we’re using a type of controls that don’t add a lot intensively to the graphics, also bear in mind, we want them to be shareable to other users. But don’t worry, I understand the interest for such a feature 😉

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Regarding UTF-32, yeah mostly and the way the resources was expected to be in order to be parsed 😉

ratbuddy

Of course they must be defined in code, my xml example was a hint that such code would not go unappreciated 🙂

edit: Sharing would be easy as supplying a zip that contains the template xml along with the required image files in a subfolder. I guess the images could be encoded inside the xml as well, but that’s not elegant as far as letting users modify templates.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  ratbuddy.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Agreed. Eventually, I’d like to incorporate Cloud Sharing…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.