Could you please add Sticky keys?

Home Forums Creating VirtualGamepads Could you please add Sticky keys?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PalmTime 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

frozenlord
    Participant

Hi there,

I am currently trying to build an onscreen gamepad for Oblivion but I am unable to find a sticky button.
    Sticky as in you press it and it stays pressed (much like a toggle) until you press it again.
    I need this to get the running part (achieved by holding Shift) right, because holding down two onscreen buttons just for walking is kind of inconvenient.
    At the moment there is seemingly no possibility for such a task…

Could you please help me out with this?

Thank you very much!

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Hello,

The Button Keyboard Expanded has a Hold Touch option which does exactly that. So you would select one the shift as your action and the hold as the actions options.

However, in this case I would strongly suggest you use the Analog Keyboard Modifiers with the classic WASD or QWEAD (as you wish) for the actions AND use the Shift as the action modifier.

That way, your character will start running past 50% of the analog joystick (past the dead zone)…

Using that, you’ll be able to walk and run using the same control.

You could also stack button, add a shift button with a W button over it and as you press them, they would both trigger…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.