Excited to see how this progresses. +Suggestions

Home Forums General Discussion Excited to see how this progresses. +Suggestions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PalmTime 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anthony
    Participant

Few features I think would help.

Not sure if you have seen gestureworks gameplay, but it is a similar program from another developer. The developer for that program put an interface together that allows users of the application to share game profiles that have been created. I purchased that software before finding yours and like different things from each, but one thing I like more about Palmtime is the fact that it does not require DirectX and it can be started as a screen overlay seperate from the game, whereas gestureworks enables an overlay from within the game, making closing the features impossible without exiting the game.

The fact that your software requires windowed mode isn’t really an issue for me because most of my games are already set to run fullscreen windowed since I run them all through splashtop.

That being said, I am excited to see the progress that both of these projects hopefully make. I would also like to see an option to make the interface clickable by a hardware mouse so that it can be edited by means other than the touch screen. It took me an hour to setup a touch pad profile for Path of Exile, but once I got it setup the way I liked it, I was thrilled. Playing pc games from my tablet is cool, playing them from my cell phone is even greater.

Not sure if it’s a bug but I also noticed that when you enter a keyboard input for a touch button, you have to select it from the drop-down window and it can not be typed in manually. Every key I bound defaulted back to the space bar and I had to go in and manually select each button over again after I realized none of the buttons worked. Some kind of option for input detection (as an alternative, not a replacement because I like the drop-down better for some things) would be an awesome work around for that.

Keep up the great work though, as I said I am glad to see things like this being developed and am happy to be a supporter.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Thank you for all the kind comments. Really appreciate that πŸ˜‰ I know about GestureWorks, they have a nice product too… and agree that both are complimentary. I have the mouse enabled in development and will try to see if I could enable it “only” in the editor mode. I know it does tend to generate issues when in development but I totally understand why it would be useful.

I used to play with Splashtop too… Are you saying you can use Virtual Gamepad through Splashtop ???

I have to agree the dropdown in the editors are limited and that’s something I need to eventually work on. The ability to share gamepads too… I’ve had it planned, but it’s taking a while. I want to fine tune VirtualGamepad and offer more options before pushing features outside of the program itself. But the main reason for the editor to be % based instead of fixed positionning on the screen is exactly for the ability to share. If you design a gamepad in 800×600, it will look the same in another resolution for another player. It’s basically “re-drawn” proportionally πŸ˜‰

Thanks again

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Thank you for all the kind comments. Really appreciate that πŸ˜‰ I know about GestureWorks, they have a nice product too… and agree that both are complimentary. I have the mouse enabled in development and will try to see if I could enable it “only” in the editor mode. I know it does tend to generate issues when in development but I totally understand why it would be useful.

I used to play with Splashtop too… Are you saying you can use Virtual Gamepad through Splashtop ???

I have to agree the dropdown in the editors are limited and that’s something I need to eventually work on. The ability to share gamepads too… I’ve had it planned, but it’s taking a while. I want to fine tune VirtualGamepad and offer more options before pushing features outside of the program itself. But the main reason for the editor to be % based instead of fixed positionning on the screen is exactly for the ability to share. If you design a gamepad in 800×600, it will look the same in another resolution for another player. It’s basically “re-drawn” proportionally πŸ˜‰

Thanks again

Anthony
    Participant

Splashtop 2 supports 3 different methods of touch controls: Touchpad, Gestures, and Windows 8 Touch mode.

Using Windows 8 Touch mode allows for all of the touch features available on the native device which makes your application awesome for playing games on my cell phone.

I have only been having issues with trying to force some games into windowed mode such as Assassin’s creed 2 and Assassin’s creed brotherhood, which don’t natively support it and being that my OS is 64 bit, it takes away options such as 3D Ripper DX.

Aside from that, like I said in my first post, I definitely love the way the program works, and even though I have only been able to test it with Path of Exile, it worked Extremely well both on the tablet itself and using splashtop via my cell phone.

On a side note, I actually like the way the buttons snap to a grid as I feel it helps to give symmetry to the layout. If you do decide to do away with that feature, try to include it as an option for people who like it. πŸ™‚

PalmTime
    Keymaster

I’ve considered unsnapping to grid, but I personnally like them to be snapped for now πŸ˜‰ So that will always be the default settings πŸ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.