Feature Request – Analog stick mapping

Home Forums Creating VirtualGamepads Feature Request – Analog stick mapping

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anthony 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anthony
    Participant

Hey, I have been a supporter of your work for a while now, and found it to work perfectly for some of the games I play, which is great.

I wanted to ask if it would be possible for you to add in a feature to the gamepad’s analog stick functions.

What I am looking to do is map the analog stick to move the mouse to any location on the screen specified, and then when used, move it only relative to that center point in a circle around the center point. Best way to describe it is if you were playing a game that had an on screen analog stick already for movement, and you wanted to move it but the game didn’t allow it, this would allow you to create one on a different section of the screen while still mapping to the area of the screen that has the original analog stick.

The resulting analog stick would also have to have a click while pressed mechanic to make it work, at least for my intended use. If that could be made a modifier option for it, that would be great.

In case you were wondering I am primarily looking to do this for Diablo III so I can create a touch gamepad experience similar to the console version’s gamepad experience, which would require the analog stick to simply make the character walk, which is presently not possible. If when the analog stick is pressed it put the mouse in the middle of the screen and moved it only around the center within a few inches of my character, the desired outcome would be achieved.

I hope this can be implemented relatively easily.

Thanks again

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.