How?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PalmTime 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ratbuddy

I must be missing the docs, or maybe the docs are missing me 🙂

If there is a way to create new layouts, I just can’t find it. I’m not good at figuring out what icons mean, and my ineptitude is being compounded by the fact that these icons are shy, and only appear when my finger is covering them. Any chance of a traditional menu with words?

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Regarding the Color Glyphs

Hi, VirtualGamepad tries to not intrude on your gaming experience. I choose a colored-glyph-based menu whenever possible and occasionally a toolbar menu. The glyphs have been chosen to identify what each options do but also, the color scheme helps.

RED is a MAJOR warning. ie you’re going to exit VirtualGamepad, shutdown the controls, delete a control, remove all controls and start a new template.

YELLOW is minor warning. ie you’re about to either access the file capabilities OR load a template from disk.

BLUE has to do with edition. ie you’re about to enter the edit mode, change a control’s options or save a template to disk.

GREEN has to do with some positive. ie adding a new control or powering up the controls.

GRAY is informational or tools that won’t result in a change per say.

Regarding the Edit Mode

Whether you have Beta 1.0 or Demo 1.0, you can enter the edit mode by unlocking the template by selecting the “SETTINGS -> UNLOCK” menu (blue unlock icon).

If you are in Demo, you can only edit/remove the current control by double-clicking on it OR by selecting the “PEN -> CIRCLE -> OPTIONS (BLUE)” or “PEN -> CIRCLE -> TRASH” (RED TRASH) menu. A toolbar menu will appear at the top.

If you are in Beta, you also can add a control by selecting “PEN -> CIRCLE -> STAR (GREEN)”. A toolbar menu will appear at the top. You can create a new template by selecting “PEN -> DISK -> FILE ADD (RED)”. You can load or save by selecting “PEN -> DISK -> LOAD (YELLOW)” or “PEN -> DISK-> SAVE BLUE” respectively.

LilCthulhu

PalmTime
    Keymaster

I agree, I need to write some docs or records some videos 😉

ratbuddy

Any chance I can customize the program interface itself? I’m having a hard time with the glyphs (they get lost under my fingertip while I’m trying to see them) and I’d rather design a layout with larger target zones and words instead of images. I know I’m old and boring, sorry 🙂

edit: Oh, I don’t mind writing docs or shooting video, just let me know and I’ll get on it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  ratbuddy.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Going through a redesign of the menu right now wouldn’t be a simple task. BUT I’ve been thinking about a way to display more info today and will come up with something that will work.

Thanks for your request 😉

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Regarding writing docs and eventually publishing templates, I will either implement a wiki within this site or create another instance where registered user will be able to publish content !

ratbuddy

Hey, thanks for listening, and again, if you need help with docs or videos, I’m happy to help. It might be good practice for my tech writing project for WGU 😛

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Stay tuned on that, any help will be appreciated 😉 I’ve put your request in the issue database…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.