Mouse driven games

Home Forums Specific issues with VirtualGamepad Mouse driven games

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rewind22x 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

gspasic
    Participant

I’m happy to see that the gamepad side of things is full fleshed out and functional. I was wondering if there is going to be further development on the mouse emulation side of things. I am having a bit of trouble with games that require clicking tabs etc.. A couple of examples are FTL and Don’t Starve.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

I haven’t tried these games. Let me try FTL (as I’ve heard of that one) and come to you with some feedbacks… In the meanwhile, have you tried enabling some of the touchscreen options ? I find them better to control the mouse myself πŸ˜‰

rewind22x
    Participant

Ive been playing Ftl with VGP and a utility called borderless windowed. My profile is a little rough but id be happy to post it.

gspasic
    Participant

Yeah sure! post anything you have and I’ll give it a go πŸ™‚

rewind22x
    Participant

Here’s a link to the Borderless Windowed tool:

Yeah I realize it’s a youtube video, but it shows how to use it and the link to download is in the description. And since I can’t find a link anywhere else, I assume the author wants it this way.

Here’s a link to my current profile for FTL:
    http://1drv.ms/1gd4zNE

It’s ugly but I’ve been able to play a few rounds using it.

I use Touchscreen Cursor Mode and load the profile before I launch FTL. FTL is set to Fullscreen OFF and I start Borderless Windowed, set a hotkey to toggle windowed/windowedfullscreen/windowsnoborder

good luck!

rewind22x
    Participant

BTW, Touchscren Cursor Mode, in case that was not clear, is accessed after you start up VGP and then tap the gamepad glyph, moving up and to the left to the mouse cursor. This mode has worked the best for me on my Dell V8P.

gspasic
    Participant

Thanks for that! The shortcuts make it heaps easier to play!

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, I can’t find a demo for either one. But from the look of FTL, I’m pretty sure that either one of the 2 touchscreen mode would help tremendously. Have you tried them ? Just activate the “cursor” mode or “single-touch” mode instead of the “mouse” mode to have the screen be your touchpad.

gspasic
    Participant

The best place to get the game is http://www.gog.com/game/faster_than_light if you do get the mouse emulation working I’d happily but it for you πŸ˜‰

Which one is the ‘single-touch’ mode? Touchpad mode seems to work the best for me but it still doesn’t act like an actual mouse would. It’s hard to explain without you playing the game…

PalmTime
    Keymaster

There are 3 touchpad mode.

The Cursor mode acts like a touchpad, where you use your touch to move the cursor, when you tap on the screen, it will left-click at the current position without moving the cursor where you tapped.

The Touch mode works the same, but will move the cursor where you tap before left-clicking.

The View mode will right-click before moving the cursor πŸ˜‰

I’ll prob buy FTL and get back to you πŸ˜‰ and see what more could be done in that area πŸ˜‰

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Ah and window borderless is one of the new feature to be released in the next beta… although you can still use any other utility πŸ˜‰

rewind22x
    Participant

That would be awesome. Less apps running the better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.