Some Questions

Home Forums Support Some Questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  klena 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

klena
    Participant

Hey there,
    I bought your Software today and I am really happy with it. It is just what I was looking for. Other developers just gave up on this (example: GestureWorks Gameplay).

But now I have two questions:
    1) Is there any analog control stick than just the dpad? If yes: how to set it up?

2) Is there any way of mapping a combination of keys to one Button? If no will this be implemented in the future?

Thank you for this great Software and greeting out of Germany

Klena

kngknvct
    Participant

From personal experience…

1) No, every movement pad is as if you are using a D-Pad, however, you can create multiple ones with different keys. Furthermore, as with any movement pad, you can click diagonally to implement movements such as UP+RIGHT.

2) Each button has only one key command. I’m sure in the future PalmTime will fix this.

If I may suggest, try downloading pre-made pads to use, I’ve made controllers for various systems if you are interested in giving them a try. Look in the forums for the thread called “Gamepad Paradise”.

Here is the pre-made PS1 controller with D-Pad & Analog Sticks:

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  kngknvct.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  kngknvct.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Hi

I bought your Software today and I am really happy with it. It is just what I was looking for.

I’m glad you like it…

1) Is there any analog control stick than just the dpad? If yes: how to set it up?

That is one of the feature I’d like to add for V2. Yes my dev environment is still up to date, but I haven’t work on VG for a few months now. This is one of the thing I’ve already started to work on… and like to add.

2) Is there any way of mapping a combination of keys to one Button? If no will this be implemented in the future?

There is a Keyboard Modifier Button to do command like Shift or Ctrl with another Key.

You can also stack two buttons on top of each other for the same effect.

klena
    Participant

Ah ok,

thank you both for your answers.
    That’s good to hear and to know.
    Are the plans for making gesture shortcuts work? Something like swiping with two fingers left and Notepad starts or you go back in the webbrowser?

Now the only thing that really keeps me busy is the non-fullscreen support. Something like the touchcontroller in Overwolf (TouchFox) would be nice πŸ˜‰

Tried to set it up with the little tool called “always on top” but it does not recognize your application as a window – too bad. It is a little problem for me to play Anno 2070 without a camera that follows the mouse *laugh*.

Going to play around with it a little more πŸ˜‰

Keep the great work going!

Klena

PalmTime
    Keymaster

No plan for gestures ATM.

They are 2 issues with fullscreen support:

1) you have to inject virtual gamepad in the gfx library that the game is using. Therefore, injecting yourself in the game… That can be done, but is a little bit more complicated with C# application compared to c++ application.

2) the other thing is that some game company do NOT allow injection as part of the Terms of Services. Because it can be considered and used as boting… for example in MMO. So not supporting fullscreen actually protects you from being banned from such games.

Strangely enough, in some fullscreen game, VG still reacts even if it’s not shown on screen… so you can actually control without seeing the controls πŸ˜‰

klena
    Participant

Mhhh I think the second point would be awesome with gestures πŸ˜‰

OK then I am going to check it out, if Anno still supports it in fullscreen mode.

But what I do not get is how those applications like Overwolf can make a overlay if the game is in fullscreen (p. e. if you push shift F2 you get something like the Steam Hud or a teamspeak overlay to see who is speaking or even controls for different games).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.