Touchpad modes and sensitivity

Home Forums Specific issues with VirtualGamepad Touchpad modes and sensitivity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sascha m b 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sascha m b
    Participant

Hello

I’ve found that VirtualGamepad touchpad emulation mode is great for using DOSBox without a mouse attached. However I have a small issue to report: the emulated touchpad seems to be too sensitive when determining if my tap is a click or a “drag”, which results in most click taps to be misinterpreted as drags. In other words, after I drag to position the cursor and try to tap for a click, touchpad instead slightly repositions the cursor and no click event is generated. This can be frustration and may require 3-4 taps to actually perform a click.

Can you recommend any workaround for this?

Currently I add a dedicated virtual mouse button to perform left click.

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Quick question,

When you use the touchpad, do you see the mouse cursor under your finger ? I’m asking this because I have this issue on one of my device atm and it results in bad clicks… Strangely, it does work correctly on another device that is the same hardware… I suspect a MS update to the touch drivers or something like this… Thanks for your feedback and looking into this…

sascha m b
    Participant

Hey, PalmTime

Do you mean windows cursor (arrow), virtual cursor (small brick) or whatever game uses? I only see the latter move slightly from its previous position when I attemp a click and that’s it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.