window defender blocking this app, requires permission everytime

Home Forums Support window defender blocking this app, requires permission everytime

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PalmTime 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rynait
    Participant

downloaded and installed on window 8.1 tablet. everytime i activate virtualgamepad, It dims and comes up with yellow warning window saying permit app to modify. I press (click on tablet) ok and proceeds in shaded mode.

noticed icon (virtualgamepad) got window defender shield on it. and I tried everything (per forums or suggestion elsewhere) to “permamently” accept the app. No luck.

is there something I need to activate or block to make this virtualgamepad permamently valid-accepted?

Roy

PalmTime
    Keymaster

Hi rynait,

Just to make sure, is it a windows defender icon OR a blue/yellow shield that is displayed over the icon ?

If it’s the latter (shield icon), it’s normal and yes you will get notify everytime you start virtual gamepad. The reason is that VG requires administrative rights to allow it to interact with some specific games like Star Wars : The Old Republic for example who will not allow an external application to control it UNLESS it has admin rights.

If it’s a Windows Defender icon, then this is the first time I’ve seen this and it will need to be investigated further… Thanks for your feedback !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.